Questions & Answers


Where in the world is Stonelick State Park?

Stonelick State Park, Lake Drive, Pleasant Plain, Clermont County, Ohio, 45162 is located about 22 miles east of Cincinnati near Milford, Clermont County, Ohio 45140.
GPS Coordinate: 39°.216046 Latitude North -84°.077241 Longitude West.

What are Stonelick State Park hours?

Day use areas are open from 6 a.m. to 11:00 p.m. The beach area is open from daylight to dusk. Campground is open 24 hours daily, with visiting hours from 6 a.m. to 10 p.m.

Is the park open year round?

Yes. The park is open year round with limited facilities in the winter. Heated shower house and bathrooms close November 15 and reopen April 01. The camp store closes October 22 and reopens May 02.

How do I make a reservation for Stonelick State Park?

Reservations can be made six months in advance. For more current availability information or during evenings and weekends please call Stonelick during store hours or 1-866-OHIOPARKS (1-866-644-6727). You may visit Reserve World to make online reservations.

Can I come camping without a reservation?

Yes. Reservations are not required to camp at Stonelick, however approximately 90% of the sites can be reserved. The remaining 10% of the sites are available only on a “first come, first served” basis and cannot be reserved.

How do I pay?

We accept cash, check with proper ID, major credit cards which include Master Card, Visa, American Express and Discover.

What types of campsites are available?

Electric and non-electric sites. There is primitive camping for organized groups that may be reserved calling 513-734-4323.

What if I arrive after hours and the camp office is closed?

If you have made a reservations proceed to your campsite. If you do not have a reservation, you may self-register. There is a registration box and an available campsite bulletin posted at the camp store.

How many people can camp on one site?

Campsites are limited to a group up to six.

How many vehicles are permitted at my campsite?

Parking pads fit 2 cars, or a car and a camper, or up to 3 motorcycles, and vehicle passes are available for extra cars. You may park vehicles in the park lot located near the camp store.

How long can I stay and what time must I leave?

Maximum stay is 14 days. Checkout time is 1:00 pm.

Can I bring my pet?

Yes, (domesticated dogs and cats) are welcom!. Pets must be on a leash at all times. Two pets are allowed per campsite. Pets are welcome on most trails. Pets are not allowed in restrooms, pavilion or other buildings; or on swimming beaches. Current rabies shots and ID tags are required.

Can I bring firewood?

Yes, provided it is from a county that is not under quarantine. We recommend you don’t bring your own firewood. The camp store sells wood for $4.00 per bundle.
Ohio’s Department of Natural Resources and Department of Agriculture are trying to stop the spread of the Emeral Ash Borer, which is an insect that kills ash trees. For more information regarding Ohio’s quarantined areas or a map, contact the Ohio Department of Agriculture toll free at 1-888-OHIO-EAB.

Is there a camp store or laundry room?

Yes and yes. Stonelick camp store sells limited supplies for instance: wood, propane, camping supplies, ice, ice cream, candy, soft drinks, water and gifts. We do not stock perishables such as milk, hot dogs or bread. The laundry room is open 7:00AM – 10:00PM.

Is there shopping near by?

There are several small stores or carry outs nearby. Buc’s Quick Stop is 2.5 miles north on State Route 727. Wood’s Country Store is 3 miles southwest on State Route 727.
Kroger Grocery Store and several fast food restaurants are 8 miles northwest at Goshen Road and State Road 28 in Goshen, Ohio. And numerous groceries, restaurants and hardware businesses 13 miles north located on State Road 28 and I-275 in Milford, Ohio.

Can I ride an electric or gas engine scooter?

That depends… In Ohio, the motor scooters and mini-motorcycles cannot be legally operated on Ohio’s roadways (all roads at Stonelick State Park are state roads) unless – they are titled, registered, covered by the proper insurance and the operator is at least 16 years old with a motorcycle license or endorsement on his or her driver license. Please visit the Ohio Bureau of Motor Vehicles for more information.

Can I ride around the park in my golf cart?

Leisure operation is prohibited at Stonelick unless the golf cart is titled, registered, covered by the proper insurance and the operator is at least 16 years old with his or her valid driver license. Individuals with disabilities may travel from place to place using any golf cart.

Can I ride my All Terrain Vehicle?

No, not at Stonelick. The Ohio Division of Forestry has four state forests that have designated areas for ATV’s. Please listen to Bill Shultz from the Ohio Division of Forestry.

May I picnic inside the campground?

Yes, provided you are a registered camper. There are numerous picnic areas located throughout the park for the public.

How do I make picnic shelter reservations?

The Grant Family Shelter located near the beach is available for rental. Please phone 513-734-4323 to make a reservation.

Do I really need to buy a fishing license?

Yes, a valid Ohio fishing license is required for everyone age 16 and over. Non-residents may opt for a tourist license rather than buying a license for the full year. For more information on how and where to purchase an Ohio fishing license, visit the ODNR Division of Wildlife.

Does the park sell fishing and hunting licenses?

No, we do not sell fishing or hunting licenses. Please visit the ONDR Division of Wildlife for the closest vendor or to purchase online.

May I fish off the banks inside the campground?

Yes, if you are a registered camper. A valid fishing license is required if you are 16 and over.

Where can I find a hunting map for Stonelick?

Hunting maps are available at Eastfork/Stonelick Regional Office in Bethel, Ohio. GPS Coordinate: 39.00054 Latitude North – 84.16071 Longitude West. There is a hunting map posted at the Stonelick camp store to view.

Where do I register my boat?

Eastfork/Stonelick administrative office; (GPS Coordinate: 39.00054 Latitude North – 84.16071 Longitude West) issue boat registrations along with other independent watercraft agents and ODNR Division of Watercraft offices. For more information on how and where to obtain a boat registration, visit the ODNR Division of Watercraft Registration website.

Where may I launch my boat at Stonelick?

You may launch at the public ramp located off State Road 727 or if you are a registered camper you can launch a canoe or other small watercraft from the campground (boat rental area).

Are there hiking trails?

Yes, there are several hiking trails. You may view or print a Stonelick State Park map.

Is that green lumpy stuff on the beach goose poop and is it harmful?

If you make a sandwich of it, probably. The beach is unsoiled daily, however our resident geese call it home.

Is the lake safe for swimming?

The Board of Health checks the water weekly during summer months. If the lake becomes unsafe for swimming, fishing or boating, signs will be posted.

I want to volunteer, whom should I contact?

That depends… Contact park management at 513-734-4323 or visit Ohio State Parks Volunteer Program and complete an online form. Friends of Stonelick are always looking for new ideas and members.

Where can I purchase a gift card?

During camping season you may purchase a gift card at the camp store or all year round at most park offices. Gift cards can be purchased in any dollar amount and have no expiration date. You may purchase by calling 614-265-6513 or by mail.